Thursday 17 February 2011

Ponderings

Hey folks, I'm really sorry that I've been letting this site slide. We've had some pretty intense stuff going on (that's personal, so I don't want to stick it out there on the internet, although I will happily tell you if you email me wanting to know).

I don't really know what to say. I know that I need to lose weight, and I know that I'm trying, if not always succeeding, but I don't really know if this site is really being useful or if it's just become something that's weighing us all down. The original idea of OWOA was to inspire, to encourage, to support, to share ideas and recipes, to share highs and lows. At the moment this blog seems to just be a calendar that we jot down our weights on and then wander away for another week. Is it helping people or shall we just give up on flogging a dead horse?! I don't want to lose the friendships I've made around here, but I'm not sure that this site is really doing anyone any good. Thoughts anyone?

3 comments:

ChristyF said...

Iam having problems getting my comment posted. So I am going to keep it short and sweet. :) What do you think about a monthly weigh in. That way we still have accoutability, but at the same time it's okay if we don't make it over here once a week. I am emotionally attached to this site. It's hard to think it will be gone again. But I do know that with all of our busy schedules, it may be too much.

Debbie said...

Hi girls, so sorry for not replying to this post earlier. I've been very ill and this is the first day since last Thurs I've felt somewhat coherent.

Like Christy, I feel emotionally attached to this site and would be sad to see it go. Yet I know I've not been around here much to help keep things going. It's not that life has been especially busy for me as it is for you girls, but more that I'm feeling emotionally isolated in a lot of areas of life these days. Besides, I'm not even actively trying to stick w/ a weight loss plan these days, so I haven't even been weighing and keeping track the past couple of months. I do know I need to do SOMETHING, but I can't seem to find any motivation for it at the moment.

I like Christy's idea of at least having a monthly weigh-in for now. Just because we're not all as intensely active on the site as we were in the past doesn't mean we have to shut it down completely. And besides the monthly weigh-ins whoever wants to post recipes, encouragements, spunks or whatever will have a place to do it.

What are your thoughts, Debs?

Debs said...

my thinkings... hmm...

Well, i like you guys and I do like the site. I'm not sure that it's really serving a purpose much at the moment, but i'm not sure how to make it do that!
I will try to post more around here and see how we go.