Monday 2 February 2009

Yummy Low-Fat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins

The other day I made an oatmeal chocolate chip loaf for a sick friend. As it was cooling, Bird looked longingly at it and asked, "is that for us?" Not only was it not for us, but he has been following Weight Watchers lately and even if I did make a loaf for us, it would cost him a dear 6 pts. per slice! So I decided to look for a recipe that would be a little bit more "points friendly."

This recipe has no oil so I was skeptical. But these muffins are surprisingly moist and very satisfying. I also like the fact that they are made with whole grains. The only change I made to the original recipe was to use a whole egg in place of 2 egg whites and to add 1/2 C chocolate chips at the end. With chocolate chips, I believe that each muffin is 3 pts. I totally thought I would leave these for him; assuming that I would not be crazy about them. (I usually don't care too much for low-fat stuff.) But I love these. Enjoy!

The original recipe is here.

5 comments:

Debs said...

these sound fab :) Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Brandi
I can't make the link work.

Cristina said...

The link has an extra word in front of http.

The link should be: http://www.recipezaar.com/Low-Fat-Oatmeal-Muffins-63501

Brandi said...

Thanks, Cristina! I thought that extra word looked odd but that's what was in my little window where web addresses go. Should work now.