Thursday 7 May 2009

Staying on track?

It's Thursday...getting closer to the weekend.

How is everyone doing? Managing to stay on track?

Elly, Nikki, Christy F? Anyone else want to share?

My week has been good. Yesterday I deviated a bit and was hungry, so I had a serving of almonds and a serving of peanut butter, so those 2 things added calories and fat pretty quickly but at least it was the healthy kind, right?

Today is going to be tough getting my exercise in. I usually get some cardio in the morning and then weights over the lunch hour but we're having some work done at home, so even though I'm working from home, I have to be home to let the workers in...so there goes my morning cardio. The workers will still be here over the lunch hour so I could go get my workout in but then I have to pick up my daughter at 2 for a Dr's appt, so I wouldn't have time to get ready...so I'm going to play that workout by ear...and then to top it off, I have to go in to work tonight around 5-6 for a software release that we're doing and we have to be in the office for...so even if I don't get my exercise in...my eating will stay on track!!!

So, how is everyone's week going?

6 comments:

nikki said...

Wow, you are super busy! I have been really good. Exercised Mon, Tues, and Wed this week. Also been really good about what I eat. I am extreemly frustrated cause the scale isn't moving at all and I just don't get it. The only thing I wonder is if it could be the birth-control pill. Who knows, but I ap not really happy about it. Its not worth working so hard for nothing. I don't even want to try right now if there is no hope, ya know? I don't know what I should do. I am eating around 1000-1500 calories a day and I am moving. I just don't get it.

Cristina said...

I really do know how frustrating it is when the numbers on the scale don't move...it's just not right when you are trying so hard.

Try, try, try not to get discouraged and to not get off track. If you keep exercising and eating healthy the numbers on the scale will eventually have to go down.

It could be the pill...I don't know...you should talk to your Dr to see what he/she has to say. Maybe you should get a physical...make sure your thyroid is good. A while back I was really frustrated with the scale too (well, I'm always frustrated with the scale) and I wondered if it was my thyroid, so I went to my Dr to get checked. Worth a try...

Even if you are frustrated and discouraged...keep exercising and eating healthy...eventually it will work. NOT exercising and NOT eating healthy will definitely NOT give you the results you want.

Brandi said...

Nikki--Could be the pill. I had a friend gain 30 lbs. from using it. Some people must be sensitive to it. Keep up he good work, though!

I am moving Saturday and Tomorrow we paint almost the whole interior of the house. So we are BUSY! Which for me means more likely to eat too much especially because some very kind people are bringing us meals and they are yummy things.

I overdid it yesterday and although I am busy, I am going to really commit to log everything I eat today at www.photowaco.com/surrender I would appreciate some accountability!

Love to you all! I am off to pack.

nikki said...

Good luck with the move Brandi. How far along are you now???

Elly said...

yes happy moving Brandi. Exciting times. Take it steady and no lifting anything you shouldn't etc.

Nikki don't get discouraged you are doing great. Are you drinking enough - just wondered if you are retaining fluid. Know it sounds silly but if you drink too little the body holds on to it thinking there is a drought.
I went swimming which was one of my aims. Am being reasonably productive with my general schedule although i had a bit of a flip yesterday when I was avoidng stuff I needed to do for a while but got back on track. Food is ok - am being a bit relaxed about phase 1 with some fruit but still off the bread and cereals. Will move to phase 2 over weekend. Feel back in ocntrol. Haven't got the bike out yet but there is still time. I will make the effort. I will.

Debs said...

I've had a good week.
I actually got back on my treadmill twice this week, as well as going for a walk with friends on Monday and spending all day Thursday on my feet - on a school trip to a farm.
Need to focus on my eating too over the next week