Sunday 12 July 2009

Day 4 & 5

DAY 4:
FOOD:
Breakfast: 1 slice of Florentine Frittata (my own invention; I'll post the recipe and pics tomorrow); 2 slices of bacon (I made the bacon before I decided to make the frittata more Mediterranean than Southwestern)
Snack: Shark bites (was actually large chunks of kingfish, not shark!) with dijon mustard sauce, cucumbers, fresh salsa and a few blue corn chips (all this was actually appetizers at my friends' house for lunch and I started eating the chips before I remembered I couldn't. Oops!)
Lunch: Filet of Ling fish and serving of wild rice (it's a carb, but at least a SB friendly carb!)
Dinner: Grilled chicken salad and I was bad and had a few chips and queso

EXERCISE:
None since I was out all day! Yikes! And I ate a lot, too! Double yikes!

My friends had me over for lunch and I was pleasantly surprised to see that almost all the food was SB friendly. My friend has had gallbladder probs so has had to drastically change her diet, hence all the fish and fresh foods. Also we met up with other people for dinner and a movie at one of those places where you could sit and order dinner while watching the movie. It was a fancy one, too! Although I had blown the diet and was tempted to get one of the pizzas or burgers, I DIDN'T! I didn't even get the fried chicken tender salad like I was tempted to. Nor did I take any of the people up on their constant and generous offers for alcoholic beverages. So even though I went off plan a bit and ate a lot, it could've been worse!


DAY 5:
FOOD:
Breakfast: 5 bean salad (I was in a rush and still have A LOT of that stuff left!)
Lunch: One portabella pizzetta with salad (I can't tell you how YUMMY those portabella pizzettas are!)
Indulgence: Cherries and 2 spoons of Chocolate Cool Whip
Dinner: 3 grilled chicken tenderloins, spinach and spicy zucchini (I still can't believe I got it in my head to COOK spinach! I usually only eat it raw in salads. But while I looked at the chicken cooking I thought, "Hmm...I wonder what it would be like if I tossed a few hand fulls of spinach in there..." And it was delish!)

EXERCISE:
60 laps in the pool
I was running all over town from 11 to 5 so I was exhausted by the time I got home and had a bit of a stress headache that was on the verge of a migraine. But I managed to subdue it enough to get some swimming in tonight, especially since I didn't get any exercise yesterday. And I ate well all day, so I'm feeling good about my day!

2 comments:

Elly said...

how big is your pool?

Debbie said...

i'm not sure. it's one of the more modern peanut-shaped pools. it takes about 8 or 9 strokes to get from one end to the other.