Sunday 12 July 2009

Hey Everyone

I am loving the attention this blog has been getting recently. Welcome back Debbie, and a big hello to everyone else too. Sorry I haven't been around much. Life is busy, and I don't seem to be getting online as much as I used to. Which is probably just as well, as my lovely husband shouldn't have to spend his evenings talking to my back as I sit at the computer!

I'm almost 28 weeks pregnant now. I finally got around to registering with a new doctor (as I've moved, having got married. Yes, that was 3 months ago, but I'm slow about a lot of things. I'm also still writing wedding gift thank you letters, but that's another story).

Anyway, as part of registering with the new doctors surgery, I was weighed and measured by the nurse. I was last weighed when I had my booking in appointment with the midwife, which was in the first few weeks, I think around week 8 of my pregnancy. Anyway, the long and the short of it is that I've put on 9kg in that time. Which is about 20lb. It's certainly more than I'd have liked, but I'm trying not to panic about it. I'm trying to eat healthily and not use the pregnancy as too much of an excuse to eat junk, but I am aware that what with cravings and other people's encouragement that I'm "eating for two" that I haven't done amazingly.

I'm trying to up the exercise, but that's also been a struggle. I have a week and a half left of school until we break up for the summer holidays, and I'm hoping to be more consistent with exercise once that happens.

Anyway, since it's almost Monday, this can count as a weigh-in post for this week too! Tell me your numbers please :)

8 comments:

Pig wot flies said...

196.6

Down 3lb. Better.

Elly said...

172.4
up a bit, .6
holding steady but I want to go down

Nikki said...

Pig Wot, 3 lbs loss is not better, its GREAT!!!

Cristina said...

Pig Wot, -3 is great!

Elly, you're pretty close to those 160's...you can do it!

Nikki, how are you doing?

I'll weigh in tomorrow. Had a bad weekend so I'm not looking forward to weighing tomorrow.

Elly said...

thanks Cristina for encouraging us all

ChristyF said...

I'm a little late to weigh in, but here are my numbers. 152/152/125. I don't even remember where I started when we moved the blog here, so today will be my new official start weight. I have gained a lot of weight back anyway. I also started phase one of SB yesterday. I did have cup of fruit though. Hopefully it won't make too much of a difference. Hope you all are well!

Nikki said...

Um I was not very good but today I was at 186.5. That was down 2 from last week. Need to be better,I was lucky I lost 2 lbs. I wasn't as good as I should have been!

Debbie said...

That's great, Nikki!
I didn't weigh in this week because I was away from home (and hence, my scales) and then I forgot this morning. I've lost a couple of pounds since starting phase 1 last week but I'll post my official loss on next week's weigh-in.