Tuesday 14 July 2009

Day 6 & 7

DAY 6
FOOD:
Brunch: 5 bean salad (again, in a hurry and I need to finish it up!)
Snack: DanActive Yogurt drink with flaxseed, small Fuji apple
Snack: 2 sliced roma tomatoes drizzled w/ olive oil, red wine vinegar, and dried basil; 2 slices of mozzarella
Dinner: 1 Imam Baildi (stuffed eggplant; found the recipe through Kalyn's Kitchen. I only made 1 eggplant so my two halves were very full even though I cut everything! It was yummy!)
Indulgence: serving of sugar-free Rocky Road Ice Cream

EXERCISE:
NONE! Took a day off

DAY 7
FOOD:
Brunch: 1 stuffed eggplant; small serving of 5 bean salad (it's almost all gone!)
Snack: carrot sticks and hummus
Dinner: ??? ---> I'm heading out to stay the night at my grandma's so no idea what's on the menu for tonight

EXERCISE:
Free weights (3 different ones; 6 sets of 12 or 15, depending on the exercise plus 100 punches w/ the weights)
60 laps in the pool

7 comments:

Cristina said...

Debbie, you're doing great. Keep it up!

Elly said...

yes. you can do it

ChristyF said...

Debbie- What dies the stuffed eggplant consist of?

Brandi said...

Looking good! What's 5 bean salad? Sounds interesting.

ChristyF said...

I just realized that I meant to type... what "does" the stuffed eggplant consist of? Oops.

Debbie said...

Thanks, girls!

Christy, the eggplant was scooped out of the shells and cooked with onions, red bell pepper, canned tomatoes, garlic, & greek spices. When the shells were stuffed it was then topped with fresh sliced tomato and onion and then baked. Right before eating I sprinkled some feta over top. It was good, but I prefer the eggplant dish I made tonight. I posed the recipe if you're interested!

ChristyF said...

Thanks Debbie. I look forward to trying them!