Thursday 6 November 2008

He's home! and other news

So that's my big news!! My big ol' Marine is home finally. We're still down in Eastern NC for de-briefing and such but we'll be back on the other side of the state soon. :)

Other news, my challenge goals are going well. I've been a bit low on water intake since I'm not at home but other then that the rest are well. I suspect I might have even started losing a bit of weight! Woot! No scale around so hopefully next Monday will be a good start.

Also in other news, I start my new job when I get back home. I haven't had one in years because I've been staying at home with the little ones so this is exciting for me. I need social interaction. Very much so. :)

That's all for me, just wanted to pop in and say hello and I haven't forgotten about you guys!! *hugs*

5 comments:

Brandi said...

That is SO exciting!!! How long was he gone? And what kind of job will you be doing?

I am very happy for all of you :-) Tell him "thank you" from us for serving our country. And thank you, Stephanie for holding down the fort. :-)

Stephine said...

He left in early March so about 8mo.
I just took a part time cashier position at the lovely local Wal-Mart. I didn't want the boys to be stuck in child care or anything. I'll be there while Gabe is at school and Levi will get some Grandparent time. Well, lots of Daddy time durring November. :)

Debs said...

Yay :)

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I'm so happy your man is home!

ChristyF said...

So happy for you! We have been through several deployments. It's always great to have them back!!