Friday 7 November 2008

I'm Sick

of eating healthfully! There. I said it. I've have eaten so stinking well for an entire week and I'm sick of it. I swear I gag at the idea of eating anymore greens (lettuce, spinach, kale), tomatoes, black beans...anything. The part that erks me more than anything is the fact that the scale was up 1.4 pounds this morning from my lowest weight this week. Grrr......
I so seriously want some Chinese right now. Will I? No. But I'm sick of eating good for my health and good for my waist line food. How about a burger? A yummy, juicy, make me gain 3 pounds burger? No? Whaaaa.

*I just wanted to jump back on here and say that I know that I can't look at eating healthily for just the purposes of weight loss. I know that there is so much more to being healthy. I comforted in knowing that for a period of time I'm not being a glutton, I'm comforted in knowing that I'm striving to make serious change in my life, I'm comforted in knowing that I'm working on making a change for my children.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Tami,

I think you can eat healthy and include your favorite foods. The fact is you'll lose weight if you consume less -- whether it's "health" food or normal food.

I've mentioned books before like The Diet Alternative and Thin Within, and I've found tremendous freedom eating for hunger, but eating what my body craves. And although I do eat what a lot of people would consider "unhealthy foods" from time to time, I find that I usually crave healthier foods.

Go ahead and eat a burger, Tami. Especially on a whole wheat bun, it's not really such a "bad" meal. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes I wanted to say that too. I fyour body is craving a burger it probably isn't such a bad thing. Moderation is the key.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ladies. I'm trying really hard to work on positive habits. It's so easy for me to rely on junk just because it's easy. Most of the time I don't really want it. Today (Saturday) Jeff and I split 1 burger and a large fry. We are both quite satisfied.