Wednesday 22 October 2008

Brandi's Challenge Goals

Tami and Debs--thanks for making the challenge available to those of us who are no longer making weight-loss a goal. (However, please don't feel like you need to always make challenges appropriate for those of is at goal...I understand this is still a "weight-loss" site!) :-)

Specific Goals:
1. Memorize 5 scriptures
2. Use arm weights 4 times per week
3. Read the book, "Choosing Forgiveness" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss

Reasons I must change:
1. I want to hide God's word in my heart that I might not sin against Him (Psalm 119:11)
2. And so I will know the truth and the truth will set me free (John 8:32)
3. And so I can stand against the attacks of the enemy without having to take time to go look up a scripture...it will be in my head already.
4. I want to have shapely arms to help fight genetics...all my female ancestors have flabby arms :-) I want to look my best for my hubby.
5. I want to be a woman who is characterized by a forgiving attitude because the Lord makes it so clear in scripture that He wants me to forgive.

Accomplishments needed to reach my goals:
1. Meditate on my 5 scriptures daily and quiz myself at regular intervals.
2. Use my scriptures in prayer.
3. Have my children quiz me.
4. Do my weights before lunch.
5. Read a chapter per week...that will even give me a "cushion."

You guys did a great job! This challenge is cool! :-)

No comments: